Friday, July 22, 2011

The Shepherdess and U2

Well, Jill asked for some art so here's something I finished a long time ago but for some reason I kept procrastinating doing the photomerge in Photoshop (it's 12x12). I guess I thought it was going to be a real pain but it actually took only about 30 seconds. The inspiration for this collage was some of Ann Baldwin's work, specifically from her book, Creative Paint Workshop. I used corrugated cardboard, patterned papers, decorative napkins, some mulberry paper and acrylic paints. Oh, and some stamping into the paint. The shepherdess is a gel medium transfer. I had a hard time deciding if I should include her dog because I think he looks too much like a sheep. I guess that's not such a bad thing.

It was another hot, sticky day here in the Twin Cities and it looks like tomorrow will be similar except that we could have thunderstorms, which should be fun during the outside U2 concert. I told my mom I was going to a concert and she told me to be careful not to get trampled in a mob rushing the stage. She's hilarious sometimes-- doesn't mean to be--although instead of laughing I should be taking notes because I'll need to use these lines on Alexander in a few years!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Hi! LOVE the art piece!! I love all the different components and the colors & the look on the girl's face.

Stay cool!! Good luck at the concert - I'm too old for that stuff anymore. Taking C ice staking tomorrow (YAY) - nice to be able to escape the heat at the rink. It will be his 1st time.

I can't believe how warm it has been up there!! I think it has been warmer than down here for at least a day or two - in NC we're used to the hot & humid stuff. Might mean an actual hurricane this year w/all the crazy weather.