Half-Cracked T-Shirt - I made two t-shirts for an upcoming talent show. Two kids are doing a comedy act and they named themselves "Half-Cracked Nuts". The text was created using ...
Thursday, July 26, 2012
The boys will be home this weekend. I've had a little over a week with just Alexander, and it'll be 2.5 weeks without Dana in the house. I still love my alone time and look forward to their annual Lake Itasca trip, but it is different this time. Not sure exactly why, but maybe it's because I'm working this summer. Maybe it was because I've had a lot to do. Maybe it's any one of a hundred things. The good thing is, I've been working on some art. I still have to tell myself to stop being so inhibited and perfectionistic about it. I suppose that'll be a lifelong struggle.
Tonight, I have a steak on the grill and mushrooms sauteeing. It reminds me of my time out in Marana. Some Fridays, I'd come home after a long drive from the University and a long week of work and grill a steak and drink a beer as the sun went down. Those are good memories.
Saturday, July 21, 2012
|Alexander, in the middle, with friends and teammates Mitchell and John|
So I try to follow the wisdom of this well-known prayer:
- God, give us grace to accept with serenity
- the things that cannot be changed,
- Courage to change the things
- which should be changed,
- and the Wisdom to distinguish
- the one from the other.
- Living one day at a time,
- Enjoying one moment at a time,
- Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace,
- Taking, as Jesus did,
- This sinful world as it is,
- Not as I would have it,
- Trusting that You will make all things right,
- If I surrender to Your will,
- So that I may be reasonably happy in this life,
- And supremely happy with You forever in the next.
Reinhold Niebuhr (1892-1971)