Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

This photo brings a little twinge of loss to my heart. No, I've never herded sheep in Ireland but it sure would be fun! I miss the challenge and competition of herding for titles and even the physical hard work of raising sheep. I'm 10 years older now...can I still do it??
I never pursued herding here in Minnesota. Several years ago, I went out to a small farm north of us and watched some training in a round pen. The dogs and sheep and handlers were slipping on ice and trudging through snow--it just did not look like something I wanted to be doing. I suppose if the dog I had was a good herder I'd be out there- just not in the winters. But my old lady Cupid was never very talented; she thought the sheep were for dinner apparently.
In closing, an Irish blessing:

May you get all your wishes but one,

So you always have something to strive for.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Happy St. Pat's to you too, Deb! I celebrated with a couple gluten-free beers. Love that Irish blessing too...gonna post that on my FB.

The Lorax said...

"Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé"