Thursday, October 14, 2010

Changes

Wow, it's been a long time since I've blogged. For a month or two, I just accepted the fact that I simply didn't feel like it. But as time wore on, I forced myself to figure out why I didn't feel like blogging. The first realization was my telling myself that nobody read my blog so why bother? But that hadn't stopped me before. Then I realized that I was apprehensive that somebody actually might be reading it. Yikes.

Currently I am in Arizona. I got out of Minnesota just in time; it snowed two days after I left. This is my first winter officially being a snowbird...I really didn't think I was old enough for that title. Cupid and I drove through Iowa, Nebraska, Colorado, and New Mexico. I'd really wanted to explore Santa Fe but there wasn't enough time because I needed to get to AZ in time for my mom's spine surgery. Cupid did amazingly well on the long drive and seemed to immediately remember my mom and her home even though it's been two and a half years.

While I am loving the weather, I am feeling somewhat identity-less. I'm not acting as a mom, a wife, an artist, a TA, or even a parent caretaker. Maybe more about that later.



No comments: